We are thrilled to announce that our COVID curbside-only protocol is changing! A growing percentage of our community is vaccinated (thank you!!) and our local human health professionals are better trained and equipped than they were at the on set of the pandemic. Because of this, we feel it is appropriate to begin our transition closer to normal.
Our new protocol as of August 2, 2021:
- Clients may now come inside for their pet’s appointment with a maximum of two people per appointment. If you prefer curbside service for your visit, just let our team know when you book your appointment.
- Please call when you arrive in the parking lot to complete check-in over the phone. A team member will meet you at your vehicle to escort you and your pet inside. Please continue to keep dogs on a leash and/or in a carrier. Please keep cats and any exotic pets in their carriers.
- Masks are mandatory without exception. Masks must be worn over both your nose and mouth during the entirety of your visit. We are not able to provide masks. If you forget your mask at home, we will have to make your appointment a curbside appointment.
- Because masks are not a replacement for social distancing, you will be escorted directly to an exam room. Your pet will be taken to our treatment area for their appointment. Dr. Wood will join you in the exam room to discuss your pet’s health once he has completed your pet’s examination and requested services. Any additional recommendations will be discussed at this time.
- To minimize the number of people in one space at any given time, a staff member will invite you from the room to the check-out counter at the conclusion of your appointment.
- Prescription and food pick-up will continue to be scheduled and handled with curbside service.
This protocol is based on the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization. Our protocol will continue to evolve as we receive updated information in the weeks and months to come.
We are deeply grateful for your on-going support, understanding, and cooperation. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for your patience and encouragement over these difficult 16+ months. Your kind gestures and words of support have repeatedly lifted our spirits and carried us through the mental and emotional challenges we’ve faced during the pandemic. We’re so excited to see you inside again!
With love and gratitude,
The Pioneer Animal Hospital Team